The maiden edition of the Fontomfrom Amandze Awards has been successfully launched in Takoradi.
The awards to be organized by Fontomfrom Empire was launched in a colorful ceremony on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at the Grace Angel Conference Hall in Takoradi.
Speaking at the ceremony, the Chief Executive Officer of Fontomfrom Empire, Madam Eva Sheita Kuma explained the roadmap and categories of the awards.
She explained that the awards is to appreciate the works of various individuals and organizations that are helping with developmental works in the society as well as media practitioners who are impacting communities.
Mrs. Kuma concluded that the Fontomfrom Amandze Awards will be purely an academy type of awards, with a jury and an academy to research into the works of the nominees.
The plaque of the awards were also unveiled during the launching exercise on Wednesday.
Already nominations has been opened and the public is encouraged to pick a form and nominate an individual and organizations who deserve to be awarded before the deadline on August 3, 2019 with the board and the jury sitting also slated for August 26 – September 14, 2019.
Meanwhile, the awards has been scheduled to come off in September this year with the venue yet to be announced.
Below are the award categories:
1. CSR Company (Boafo Ye Na)
2. Humanitarian organisation (Woforo Dua Pa)
3. Community Hero (Okodie Mmore)
4. Most Influential Youth (Akoma)
5. Best Photo Journalist(Mframadan)
6. True Leadership (Adinkrahene)
7. Women Empowerment ( Menso Wo kenten)
8. Best Volunteer Group (Mberedane)
9. Talent Development (Ntease)
10. Innovation (Nyansapo)
11. Best Documentary/ Feature Film (Nkyinkyim)
12. Media House Involved In Humanitarian Works (Kuronti Ne Akwamu)
13. Radio Development Program (Nsaa).