Egypt national team coach, Javier Aguirre nicknamed El Vasco has announced his final squad for the AFCON 2019 which kickstart in June 21-July 19, 2019.
The Pharoahs who are determined to clinch the ultimate at the home soil, have unleashed their final 23-member squad for the 32nd edition of the Total sponsored African Cup of Nations.
Liverpool’s Mohammed Salah alongside Mohammed Elneny of Arsenal Football Club made the final cut and are expected to lead the country for AFCON glory at their own soil.
Egypt will begin their AFCON campaign against Zimbabwe on June 22, 2019 at the Cairo International Sports Stadium in Cairo before the second fixture against Dr. Congo on June 30, 2019.
Below is the final 23-member squad for Egypt;
1. Ahmed El-Shennawy (Pyramids FC)
2. Mohamed El-Shennawy (Al Ahly)
3. Mahmoud Gennesh (Zamalek)
4. Ahmed Elmohamady (Aston Villa)
5. Baher El-Mohamady (Ismaily)
6. Ahmed Hegazi (West Bromwich Albion)
7. Mahmoud Alaa
8. Mahmoud Hamdy El-Wensh (Zamalek)
9. Ahmed Ayman Mansour
10. Omar Gaber (Pyramids FC)
11. Ayman Ashraf (Al Ahly).
12. Tarek Hamed (Zamalek)
13. Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal)
14. Ali Ghazal (C.D. Feirense)
15. Nabil Emad Dunga
16. Abdallah El-Said (Pyramids FC)
17. Walid Soliman (Al Ahly)
18. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
19. Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (Kasimpasa)
20. Amr Warda (Atromitos)
21. Ahmed Ali (Arab Contractors)
22. Marwan Mohsen (Al Ahly)
23. Ahmed Hassan Kouka (Olympiacos)