The Coronavirus disease keep spreading each and everyday killing thousands of people across the globe.
Most countries with recorded cases have come out with measures to avoid the spread of the disease.
In a country like Ghana, all borders either land, sea or air have been closed down but people who will be landing in the country before the midnight of Sunday, March 22, 2020 will automatically be quarantined.
Being under quarantine can be frightening. The following should be done to reduce anxiety
– Talk to the other members of the family about the COVID-19. Understanding the disease will reduce anxiety.
– Reassure young children using age-appropriate language.
– Think about how you have coped with difficult situations in the past and reassure yourself that you will cope with this situation too. Remember that quarantine won’t last for long.
– Keep in touch with family members and friends via telephone, email or social media.
– Stock plenty of materials to read to keep your mind occupied.
– Exercise regularly from your quarantine area.
– Ensure that you drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday to keep hydrated.
– Eat all your meals in a timely manner.
– Ghana Health Service