The leading Ghana opposition party, National Democratic Congress (NDC) has announced an eleven-member response team to help fight against the Coronavirus pandemic in the country.
The team led by Nana Kofi Quakyi who is an assistant professor in health and also a specialist in health economics, are to lead the NDC’s advocacy and sensitization on the novel Coronavirus and collaborate with the government on the fight against the disease.
Below are members of the Committee
1. Nana Kofi Quakyi (Assitant Professor in Public Health/Specialist in Health Economics)
2. Dr. Vida Yarkong (Ph.D in Interdisciplinary Medicine)
3. Dr. Prosper Akanbong- Immediate Past CEO of Tamale Teaching Hospital and Physician Consultant.
4. Dr. Jehu Appiah: Senior Medical Consultant and former General Secretary of the Ghana Medical Association
5. Prosper Bani- Former Minister of Interior and former Head of UNDP’s Crisis Prevention and Recovery Team for Africa’s.
6. Dr. Zanator Rawlings- Medical Doctor
7. Hon. Alex Segbefia: former minister of Health
8. Hon. Mintah Akando- Ranking member on Committee of Health
9. Prof. Margaret Kweku- UHAS
10. Dr. Jonas Asamoah- Public Health Expert, Hawa Memorial Hospital, Osiem.
11. Mrs. Mawuena Trebarh – (Communications Specialist)
Meanwhile Ghana has so far recorded twenty-one cases with one death from the pandemic.